Thursday, April 14, 2011

and the weiner is....

Alright, I've been trying my best to stay away from the ins and outs of the political bullshit of our country, but it's bubbled over. I get that people draw distinct lines in the sand about who the vote for, why, and everything else, but aren't we endanger of heading down the comical road of a FOX NEWS north? The SUN media channel is going to be spitting mouthfuls of incendiary bullets at all kinds of topics in order to achieve some sort of personal success. These television personalities are going to believe, and say whatever continues to garner them a paycheck. We have multiple parties and multiple points of view. This mainstreaming of issues to separate sides is going to narrow the field down to two. Of course I understand that it's usually down to two anyway, but the idea that we are truly free to decide amongst 4 or 5 has always been something I celebrated about Canada.

 Of course the candidates are the same faces. One that cares only about one province and secures a shitload of money and seats for a particular group of people, and makes no bones about it. Kinda makes it funny that he would oppose anyone on any other topic considering that he's like the "only child" and just keeps yelling mine. You've got the dude with the eyebrows. He sounds like he's got some good ideas, and represents a little of my personal social beliefs, but his delivery is a touch scary. There's the current PM and stiff. This guy looks as if he's never had a fun day in his life. I've said it before...He's just a kid that didn't get to play with the cool kids so he became Prime Minister just to fuck with them. There's little bald guy, who's intentions are always good. The NDP always seem like they've got the best ideas, solutions, and the best outlook for Canada. But I worry that when they get the keys, they're going to crash us in to the ditch and claim they don't know how to drive standard. And of course the smartest, and most focused on the people and our land Elizabeth May...if only she was allowed to speak in public.

 So what to do? Listen to the conservative nut-jobs that get so angry because you believe in something other than their beliefs? Read the Toronto Sun where Fuck-Face Brian Lilley(soon to be the Canadian Glenn Beck) who took Ignatieff's quote, " Let some Flowers bloom here" and claimed that it was close enough to Zedong Mao's slogan for a campaign called A Hundred Flower Movement. He then took this slogan chopped in half and used it to call Ignatieff a communist sympathizer. I guess something gets lost in translation, but if works for the cause, whatever. I've read some of Brian Lilley work and even in the article he used words that were quite often used by Hitler! I think it's safe to draw a direct line between Brian Lilley using the phrase, "other's followed" with the forming of the Nazi Party. Hey look, I'm a journalist! I guess accuracy in the quote or it's proper translation aren't necessary. After all American politicians have taught us anything is that you can say anything as long as "was not intended to be a factual statement."  (see US SEN Jon Kyl) Brian Lilley has job and that job is to get Harper re-elected and sell newspapers. He also has been linked to the SS (by me) and has touched baby goats with the tip of his penis(not intended to be a factual statement) His article is inflammatory, and his references are stretched. Is he just as hard on Harper?


 I'm sure that SUN media's new channel will fill us with a wonderful omelet of horse manure, and poppycock, but it still leaves me wondering which douche bag is the least douchiest. The truth is the generation that smoked pot, wants it to be illegal. The generation that believed in free love, tried to reverse Gay Marriage. They came from the seeds of arts and music, but claim "Ordinary folks don't care about the arts". Harper said that when he cut 45 million dollars from arts and culture, then went on to play piano with the youtube girl to swing the younger generation in his favour, but failed to tell her not to expect the government to aid her dream in anyway. I know, I know, I'm clearly not a Harper guy, but I'm not sure of anything. Now a days, I got think about what's best for me, my family, my career. Wait a minute....Writer is an artist. I wonder if Brian Lilley knows that, especially since he'll be on TV soon too.

No comments: